top of page

Who do I call to report something that is not an emergency?

Most police requests do not require the use of 9-1-1. If you need police assistance but do not have a life threatening emergency, please call 336-449-6677. This number is answered 24/7 by the dispatchers at the Alamance County Central Communication Center. They will gather basic information and have an officer call or meet you. 


Where can I find out more about the Town's Anti-tethering Policy?

Please see the Gibsonville Police Department's Anti-tethering Brochure for further information. 

How do I get a copy of a police report?

Reports are available for pick-up at the police department Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.  Redacted accident reports are free of charge to individuals. Insurance companies must pay $5 for accident or incident reports.  Should you prefer to obtain a redacted copy online, they are available at or

Incident reports (i.e. Thefts, Assaults, Frauds) must be picked up in person at the police department. By law, we can only release the first page of the report. 

How do I register my pet?

Please click on this form to provide information for your pet for the police department. 

Where can I find crime statistics?

Please see our 2023 Annual Report for the most recent statistics.



Can I view video from Body Worn Cameras?

Typically, only those captured on the video from an officer's Body Worn Camera can watch the video according to North Carolina law.  State legislation also requires a verification process from the police department. This protects our residents. To watch the video, you must complete a form. It is available here or for pickup from the Gibsonville Police Department. Please allow three working days for processing. The officer cannot show you the video immediately. 

Do you provide finger printing services?

We currently do provide fingerprinting by appointment only. Appointments are typically available Monday-Friday 8am-Noon.  A government issued photo id and proper paperwork will be required. Printing is free for residents of Gibsonville town limits. There is a $10 fee for those who reside outside of town limits. Cash only accepted for payment.  Should it be more convenient, both the Alamance and Guilford County Sheriff Departments provide fingerprinting.

How do I obtain a handgun permit or concealed carry permit?

Permits are applied for and issued through the Alamance and Guilford County Sheriff's Departments. 

How do I obtain a domestic violence protection order (50b)?

Protection orders are issued in person by the Alamance and Guilford County Magistrate. For further questions, please contact the magistrate at 336-412-7870 (Guilford) or 336-570-5219 (Alamance). 

Will officers check on my residence if I am away for business or vacation?

Yes. Please call the Alamance County Central Communication Center at 336-449-6677 and request a vacation house watch

How do I find out my court date?

You may call the Guilford County Clerk of Court's Office (336-412-7300) or Alamance County Clerk of Court's Office (336-570-5200). 

How do I claim property that was seized as evidence?

To claim property seized as evidence in a criminal case, you must have a court order stating that it is to be returned to you and a valid form of ID. Seized property eligible for return is returned to the owner by APPOINTMENT ONLY.  For questions about court orders, please contact the Alamance County District Attorney 336-570-5210 or Guilford County District Attorney 336-412-7600.  

Can I drop off unwanted or expired prescription drugs?

Our department does not have a drug drop box. Departments in the area who accept medications include Elon, Burlington, and Mebane Police. 


Who do I call to see if I or someone I know has an outstanding warrant?

You can contact the Alamance County Clerk of Court at 336-438-1001 or the Guilford County Clerk of Court at 336-412-7300.



What is the Child Safety Seat Law? 

According to the NC Child Passenger Safety (CPS) law, children are required to be in a booster seat or some other type of child passenger restraint system until they reach eight years of age or 80 pounds, whichever comes first. Most drivers comply by using belt positioning booster seats, but other child restraints with harnesses rated for use over 40 pounds are legal to use as well. 

bottom of page